Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Curing writer's block

I created 84 posts in 2009. 2010 has inspired one post prior to this one. Since October 2009, I've only written two posts. How could I have gone from being "on fire" to "stone cold?" I'm not positive, but when I came home from Australia, there was a noticeable change. My main audience including family and friends of the family, were no longer 10,000 miles away. They were right in the same town and under the same roof as me. Just telling them about my day, rather than writing it down seemed a lot easier than a blog post.

With coming home, my inspiration dwindled. I've had a great five months back in New Hampshire, but nothing here is making me want to write like I did when I was on the road. My goal is to find that passion again here in Keene, New Hampshire. When I was pumping out posts last year, I had so much energy and pride in my work. Gotta get back there mentally.

So with that in mind, I've always thought that the best way to get back into writing or into anything is to just do it. Expect to hear from me more often. I'll think of something...

1 comment:

Judd said...

Ryan: short bursts...personal experiences...Keene Oddities..."If Keene was a Tv Show"...Change the blog theme: The Keene Scene...

Keep writing. You are good at it...