Thursday, March 18, 2010

A little update


Hello friends, or whoever still checks in! I thought I'd give a long overdue update on what's new.

I posted in January that you'd hear more from me, but that wasn't the case. I didn't even try to write anything since that last post. Today is my day off. It is a beautiful day outside. Motivating.

I've been working at U.S. Cellular in Keene as a Retail Wireless Consultant since mid November. Who would have predicted I would be a phone salesman. The job consists of more than just selling cell phones. I provide excellent customer service in an industry that can be frustrating at times to the customer. U.S Cellular has been a great transition for me in getting acclimated with living in Keene. Living less than two miles from the store, I'm saving a lot of money on gas!

Hockey was a big part of my winter. I played in the Keene Men's League which took place in Winchendon Mass due to lower rink costs. Then I played the last six weeks for the Winchendon Men's League. A couple of my teammates played on both teams and they picked me up for the WML team when another player got hurt. It was a thrill to play twice a week and get in shape. Plus it was a good group of people to play with. We didn't end up winning in either league's playoffs, but we were a pretty good team and I look forward to playing some more hockey this summer.

I just registered for my Up with People 10 Year Reunion. It also happens to be the 45th anniversary of Up with People. It is in Tucson from July 29-August 1. I haven't seen many of my cast mates in 10 years, so it looks like that is going to be an amazing weekend down in Arizona.

Other trips I'm planning for 2010: Carroll University Homecoming weekend October 1-3. I've never been to a homecoming weekend but I hear it is a lot of fun. It's been awhile since I returned to Canada, so hopefully a Montreal or Ottawa trip will happen. One weekend to Princeton with my brother and another for my cousin's wedding in September, and that's about it. Oh, hoping to go on my first Carnival Cruise in December since leaving ships back in 2007.

TV shows also are a big part of my week. Current shows I'm following: Season 8 of 24, The final season of LOST, and the all new Justified on FX. I don't like to be tied down to too many TV shows, but I really look forward to Monday and Tuesday nights. If any of you are LOST fans, I'd love to talk to you about this season. So much speculation as to how the series will end!

As I mentioned, the weather is beautiful here in New Hampshire. 50 degrees at least today. T shirt weather. Those of you in the south must think I'm crazy. But it's true. It feels like winter is behind us. This was my first winter in Keene since the early 2000's. I missed that ice storm of 2008 by 2 days.

Whew, that felt good writing a few paragraphs. Hope to do it again soon!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Hey there! Seems like forever since we were chatting from half-way across the world. The world needs more friendly, helpful cell phone customer service folk, so good for you!