Friday, January 9, 2009

Apartment and job hunt begins


So its been over a month since I arrived in Oz. I've played a bit. Saw the beach a lot, had some fun. But this weekend and next week I will focus on why I came here: to live and work. Finding a place is kind of tough for a couple reasons. The first one is that I've never done it before, and the second is because I don't know what the future holds. I might get a great job somewhere after I sign onto a place. I'm confident I'll find a place within a week, but to be certain that it is the best fit for me, I don't think I'll be able to know that for some time.

The job also won't be easy, but I'm going to be dropping my resume off at as many places as I can and try to get some interviews. One girl I know here is a recruiter for Coca-Cola Australia. Can you imagine if I went over to the evil empire? What would the sports equivalent of that be? Johnny Damon going to the Yankees? BABE RUTH going to the Yankees? Not sure. Anyway, I'm open to see what jobs she has to offer because a job is a job, and I don't believe Australia's Coke sales will effect g. housen's business much.

It is Friday evening. No plans tonight. I might just head out and see what I find. An amazing thing I've found is that the biggest drinking day of the weekend for Australians is Sunday! There's a club here in Cronulla where on Friday and Saturday night, I could get in without a line, but on Sunday night, there is a line halfway around the block with people dressed like they were going out on a Saturday night in the States.

I'm missing the NFL playoffs right now even if there are no Patriots present. I have the NCAA hoops tournament to look forward to. If it is like last year, CBS will broadcast each game online. Hopefully that happens.
Have a great weekend, stay warm.


No comments: