Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Changes

First off tonight, a couple of changes. I never had any new suggestions for alternative titles to Ryan Down Under....and that's ok. So without any consulting with anyone, I changed the name to "A place for my stuff." It is a fitting title for a few reasons. A lot of this page is about my Australia experience, but a growing amount of other material is about what is in my mind, not related to Australia. So my "stuff" is all of that non-Australia detail. And if or when I leave here, Ryan Down Under won't really make sense. George Carlin had a famous piece called "A Place for my Stuff." It was maybe one of his best, cleanest pieces he ever wrote. Definitely one of my favorites. I relate to it because I am always moving around and having to pack up my stuff. So I suppose my mind is full of stuff too and I need somewhere to put it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLoge6QzcGY

"Actually this is just a place for my stuff, ya know? That's all, a l‮ti‬tle place for my stuff. That's all I want, that's all you need in life, is a little place for your stuff, ya know? I can see it on your table, everybody's got a l‮ti‬tle place for their stuff. This is my stuff, that's your stuff, that'll be his stuff over there. That's all you need in life, a little place for your stuff. That's all your house is: a place to keep your stuff. If you didn't have so much stuff, you wouldn't need a house. You could ju‮ts‬ walk around all the time. A house is just a pile of stuff with a cover on it. You can see that when you're taki‮gn‬ off in an airplane. You look down, you see everybody's got a little pile of stuff. All the little piles of stuff. And when you leave your house, you gotta lock it up. Wouldn't want somebody to come by and take some of your stuff. They always take the good stuff. They never bother wi‮ht‬ that crap you're saving. All they want is the shiny stuff. That's what your house is, a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get . . . more stuff! Sometimes you gotta move, gotta get a bigger house. Why? No room for your stuff anymore."

Click on that link for the whole version...

Also I added a counter to see how many people visit the site. But it counts everytime I go to the site too, so I probably check it two to five times a day. Oh well, technically somebody is looking at it, even if it is me.

Alright, I will post something tomorrow. Check back in soon.

No comments: