Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday

Not much going on today. Luckily twice this week, work has called asking me to come in, so tonight I will go in at 7pm. I need all the hours I can get. I'm trying to save up for this New Zealand trip.

What else can I tell you about work? I'm getting better I suppose. I can carry 3 plates at once. I know the menu better. I like the fast pace environment and being able to have good conversation with strangers.

I think I'm going to the city this weekend to see a friend from Keene. It is apparently "Record Store Day" in Australia, so there is a concert and party going on in the city. Should be fun. I've only seen my friend once since getting here so it will be good to catch up.

NHL playoffs are starting. I'm rooting for the Bruins of course, but I do cross my fingers for the Hurricanes too. They used to be the Hartford Whalers. You know, most Hartford people will not root for the Canes. Do you think it is wrong of me to still root for them? I mean they are still the Whalers in my mind. And they did get a Stanley Cup in 2006. That was a good time.

I received a couple birthday cards in the mail this week. One last week from mom and dad, one this week from my Gram. Also, a random one from Carrie from my UWP Cast E group. Thanks to all of you.

I nervously await your reactions to the title change of the blog.

Alright, I told myself I'd go for a run by 4pm. It is 3:51....SEE YA!

No comments: